Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWPS)
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating either a Boom or Scissor Mobile Elevated Working Platforms.
• Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and accepted good practice.
• Be able to operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and accepted good practice
• Site and operate machine safely in relation to task
• Be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine services.
• Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 & other current relevant legislation.
All personnel required to operate a Mobile Working Platform.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of OHP & Videos covering;
• An Introduction to the Construction Industry
• Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
• Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
• Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
• Other current relevant regulations
• Introduction to machine
• Pre -
• Controls and instruments
• Operators Code of Safe Practice
• Components and types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
• Limitation of use
• Moving and locating machine
• Emergency controls
• Servicing and Inspection Testing
RTITB accredited, an Allied Training Services Certificate will be provided.
Enquire For This Course
Allied Training Services
T ; 01224 596669
T : 01224 596669 E : firstname.lastname@example.org